1 Make sure you have the Java SE Development Kit (JDK) installed.
Before you start, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features to check whether a JDK is already installed.
If not, download and install the latest JDK here.
2 Download the latest version of TotalCross installer above.
3 Run the installer.
4 Set Java and TotalCross environment variables.
Locate the Java installation directory
If you didn't change the path during installation, it'll be something like
- Do one of the following:
Windows 7 – Right click My Computer and select Properties > Advanced
Windows 8 – Go to Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings
- Click the Environment Variables button
- Under System Variables, click New
- In the Variable Name field, enter
In the Variable Value field, enter your JDK installation path
If the path contains spaces, use the shortened path name. For example,
Note for Windows users on 64-bit systems
Progra~1 = 'Program Files'
Progra~2 = 'Program Files(x86)'
- Find the PATH variable (same place you just created the JAVA_HOME variable) and add the following to the very end, without deleting anything:
- Create a new variable and name it TOTALCROSS3_HOME, in the value enter the path of your TotalCross installation path.
- Click OK and Apply Changes as prompted